Monday, July 28, 2008

Czech This Out!

What a whirlwind of trips back and forth to Oklahoma. The past three weekends I've traveled over 1300 miles, but they were all well worth the effort. I've visited old friends, canoed, gone to one of my best friend's wedding and polka danced.

I highly recommend getting your polka on if you ever have the chance. The polka is not just for the chicken dance (but that was fun, too). We long, long, short, short, long stepped. We even short, short, short, long, long, longed. I think we've determined our motto for the evening was, "when in doubt use three-count". It worked. Except for the seven-step, which is its own beast! Oh, and the Mexican hat dance. I was not aware that this one qualified as a polka, but we did it. I think many of us thought we'd have a coronary by the end of it, but we all survived! I wondered if the band only kept going and going (with each instance getter faster and faster) to see if we'd pass out.

If you're in the OKC area, go czech out the Czech Hall. It's easy to find. It's in Yukon (just west of OKC) off I-40. Take the Czech Hall Road exit. :-)

More on the canoe trip later. And I'll post pics when I heist them from my friends. ;-)

No comments: