Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Warm fuzzies and spicy crawfish

Woo-hoo for holiday weekends, and an extra high-five for Fridays off in the summer (although the long Monday thru Thursdays stink).

With a four day weekend, I made the trek back home to Louisiana to see my parents and sister. And her fiance. What struck me immediately upon exiting the Baton Rouge airport was the heat. And humidity. And the sweater I wore.

My mom likes it when I dress nicely, fix my hair and put on a little make-up. I did these things early Friday morning before I left for DFW just for her. My outfit looked nice, and was all well-and-good for the car and subsequent plane ride (I usually freeze on the plane), but not the walk to the car in BR. When she saw me, she commented on my outfit and its inevitable fortune of being removed from my body due to its uncomfortable nature. I told her I suffered for her and that the rest of the weekend would be spent in my comfies: pj pants and a t-shirt. :-)

Saturday was great! We had a crawfish boil--my favorite! It was a good time and a great visit with my sister. We kidded around like when we were younger.

It felt different though, as she no longer lives at home with the folks. I was able to spend a lot of time with mom and dad (all to myself). So we made the most of it and vegged out, watched movies and talked. We 'member 'niced. ("reminisced" for those outside the fam).

So here's a toast (as I raise my can of Dr. Pepper) to pj pants, tshirts, blue fuzzy slippers, yummy crawfish, and family.

No comments: