Thursday, October 16, 2008

BLARG! yes. I say, BLARG!

If you're in no mood to read about my frustrations and negative mood, then read no further. :-)
I have actually written about some of these before, but after training faculty and staff for a few days straight, my brain is tired and I feel as though I need to vent.


And tomorrow I plan to post a list of things for which I am thankful, the OCT 2008 edition (for those of you keeping track on myspace).

I have been frustrated lately: work, school (although I did get accepted into grad school! woo-hoo!), missing my family, friends—all of these have been on my mind.

I think if I write some things down, perhaps it will allow me to release them and they won't continue to tick me off today.

1. Why has the soda pop industry created a conspiracy to get me to drink 2.5 servings of pop at one time by packaging it in a 20 oz bottle? Or is this actually a governmental conspiracy to make a serving only 8oz? Curse the Nectar of Life...yes, curse thee Dr. Pepper!

2. Why does everyone have to gripe, groan or otherwise complain when they find out that my favorite baseball team is the Yankees or that my second fave is the Cubs? Yes, I realize they haven't won the Series in 100 years. blah blah blah... I don't complain when your favorite song is "Idiot Boyfriend" by Jimmy Fallon…I like this song, too, but come on…Idiot Boyfriend? Really? That's your FAVORITE? Perhaps it's a sign. :-P

3. Why do girls find it necessary to pretend their IQ is about 20 points less than it is to attract a guy's attention?

4. Why do guys fall for this? Or do guys really prefer girls that provide little or no intellectual stimulation? Do guys really just want a girl that thinks anything they say is "awesome" and "so smart"…"oh, you're talking over my head I don't know." Argh!

5. Why don't more people appreciate the humor of a giant pencil? I think they're great!

6. Why do people find it necessary to not only interrupt but "top" your story? Thank you Saturday Night Live for making a skit out of this…I loved every second of it. Really.

7. Where's my other quarter so I can go get a Dr. Pepper?

8. Where have all of my paper clips gone? I don't use them that often. Can someone send me back some papers with a paper clip on them?

9. Email forwards that claim you'll not find your true love if you don't send it to 23 friends in 2 minutes…or claim that it is being tracked by a large company and your friend of a friend of a friend of a friend did in fact receive a check for 1, 345.88 just last week. argh. Need I say more?

10. I read a question on Yahoo! Answers this morning asking about genetic selection and "discarding" the embryos that do not meet certain qualifications. This not only made me sad but really ticked me off! Are you KIDDING me? If you really just want a blue eyed girl with dark hair, go adopt. They need loving families and you don't have to "discard" any unwanted embryos. This sounds to me like a fancy way of trying to accomplish what Hitler was doing—totally unacceptable!

11. mmmm…why is this Dr. Pepper so good?

12. What's the deal with the number 13? I know comedians have stated this before, but I'm not trying to get a laugh from you, I want to know: who do you think you're fooling, Mr. Big Building Floor-Numberer, by calling the 13th floor the 14th? Know what's sad? Many are ok with this..they don't feel so scared.

13.

14. The question formerly known as 13.

15. I love soft carpet not cold linoleum. Who's with me?!?!?!??!

16. My office is messy. I need to clean it.

17. Why do people have to assume that since I'm younger than they are that I know nothing about the job I was hired to do?

18. Why can't we wear flip flops to work? Or maybe blue fuzzy slippers. It would really make my day better.

19. I think I'm a little obsessive. Upon realizing this was number 19 I fought with the question, "should I make it an even 20? Or 21 since I skipped 13. What about 22 since 15 is the artist formerly known as 14?"

Even though my chest tightens and my palms sweat at this moment as I haven't resolved my issues referenced in 19, I thank you for reading this…not even my Dilbert, Tales from Redesignland or Orlando photo can cheer me at the moment…but…can't….look…away….CURSE YOUR HANDSOME FACE ORLANDO BLOOM!

No comments: